Breaking an OL with a sub-heading, but numbers should continue - Strict DOCTYPE
The Strict HTML4.01 DOCTYPE does not allow the START attribute in ordered lists, so how can you continue the list if it is broken in two by a sub-heading? Still maintaining correct validation.
Date Created: 15th October 2006
Date Modified: 15th October 2006
From WebmasterWorld CSS Forum:
The following validates as Strict HTML4.01, but I cannot see that it is semantically correct by including the sub-heading as part of the list item! But then neither is braking the list in two with the sub-heading in the middle and using the START attribute - who is to know the 2nd list should continue with the first?
- List Item number One - some extra content.
- List Item number Two - some extra content.
- List Item number Three - some extra content.
- List Item number Four - some extra content.
- List Item number Five - some extra content.
- List Item number Six - some extra content.